Tintos Restuarant Now Closed
This was the official website for the Tintos Restaurant. Content below is from the site's archived pages. Unfortunately, as of 2016, Yelpers have reported this location has closed.
Tintos Spanish Restaurant & Wine Bar
At Tintos plan on having a posh and relaxing experience. With two separate dining rooms to choose from, and a shady and tropical patio availabe, you will enjoy delicious Spanish inspired tapas and sip on a great glass of wine from your favorite Spanish region. You may also choose to purchase your favorite wine from our distinguished wine selection as we are a full wine retail restaurant.
So go ahead.. call a few friends and come and see us. Let us help you celebrate life and friendship. Salud!
Alberto J. Alfonzo - Chef/Owner
A native Texan who grew up in Venezuela, he spent the majority of his childhood within its large Spanish immigrant culture, tasting and cooking the foods of his parents homeland with family and friends.
To create his menu, Alberto traveled to Spain, one of his favorites places in the world, to visit with family and friends, restaurant owners and chefs to not only enhance his family recipes, but to explore the latest food trends in Spanish cuisine. With resources in hand, combined with a lifetime full of dreams and over 15 years of experience, Tintos Spanish Restaurant & Wine Bar was born.
Events/Happy Hour & Announcements
Join Us for Happy Hour
Every Monday - Friday from 5-7 p.m.
$5 Happy Hour
Tortilla Con Serrano : Spanish potato and onions omelet topped with serrano chips and romesco
Pure de Garbanzos: Roasted garlic hummus with smoked paprika and piquillo.
Almendras y Aceitunas: Assortment of marinated olives and roasted almonds
Albondigas Pinxto: Veal and beef meatballs skewers with Rioja Demi
Garbanzos y Vegetales: Chickpeas, roasted tomatoes, zucchini, and squash in a saffron-curry broth
Patatas Bravas: Potatoes tossed in a spicy tomato sauce and piquillo aioli
Champiñones al Ajillo: Crimini and button mushrooms in a spicy garlic and wine sauce
Piquillos Rostizados: Fire-roasted,sweet Spanish red peppers in caper garlic olive drizzle
Queso de Cabra Andaluz: Baked local goat cheese, romesco and sofrito with pine nuts
Bocadillo: Serrano and Manchego pressed mini wheat sandwich with fig mermelade
Basque Fries: Fried Sweet potato fries, smoked pimenton , sea salt and truffle oil with piquillo aioli
Coca de Chorizo y Queso: Spanish style baked flat bread "pizza" with chorizo and melted cheese
Montaditos: On baked pita ($3)
Cured lomo , manchego roasted piquillos
Fig and Goat cheese with roasted almonds
Seared Beef with piquillo aioli and cabrales
Cheese Tastes: Served with membrillo, fruit and toast points choice of:
Red Wine Cured Goat Cheese
$ 5 Happy Hour Wines
2009 Callia Alta Torrontes San Juan, Argentina $5/15
2010 PenescalTempranillo Rose Rioja, Spain $5/15
2009 Tres Ojos Grenache Calatayud, Spain $5/15
Gran Passion Cava N.V. Penedes, Spain $5/15
Red Sangria $5
Brunch: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tintos Spanish Restaurant and Wine Bar writes...
Tintos offers a wide variety of traditional and modern Spanish tapas. We also offer a large selection of Spanish wines as well as wines from all over the world that are also available for ratail purchase. Weekends will feature live entertainment and music. Come join us for paella, music and great wines on our patio. Sunday Brunch from 11-3 pm featuring: paella, empanadas, sangria and many breakfast dishes.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates, Spanish
- Neighborhood: River Oaks
- Cross Street: Shepherd
- Menu: View menu on restaurant's website
- Price: $30 and under
- Phone: (713) 522-1330
- Hours of Operation: Lunch & Dinner: Monday-Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am. Sunday: Brunch 11-3 pm open till 9 pm
- Payment Options:
- AMEX, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Executive Chef: Janel Witt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: Houston metro
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary valet Thursday through Saturday and self parking is available.
- Catering: We cater to private house parties, graduations,and special events etc. We also have a private room for up to 50 people.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer areas of the restaurant that can be sectioned off for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Dawid (713) 522-1330
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday through Saturday : show starts at 8 pm Sunday Live Brunch music form 12-3 check out website tintosrestaurant.com for additional information